When going through the installation process, the configuration wizard will walk you through the Wi-Fi connection process. If the connection process was skipped, follow the steps below to connect to Wi-Fi.
1. From the Home screen on the thermostat, open the Main Menu by tapping the three horizontal bars in the bottom left hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Scroll down to "Settings - Preference and Defaults" and touch "Settings".
3. Touch on "Wi-Fi" to open the Wi-Fi menu.
4. Tap on "Network" and one the next screen, choose you method of connection.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, the thermostat can be added as an accessory and copy the Wi-Fi information from your iOS device. If you have a difficult Wi-Fi password, using an iOS device is simplifies the Wi-Fi setup. Note: your iOS device will need to be connected to a 2.4 GHz network.
Alternatively, "Select Wi-Fi Network," choose you network from the list, enter your WiFi password, then tap "Connect."
5. You will be redirected to the Wi-Fi Status screen. The thermostat is connected to your router and to ecobee.com. This may take several seconds.
6. If the thermostat connects, it will say "Connection Complete." Tap "OK" in the bottom right corner to return to the "Settings" menu then tap the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to the Home Screen.
During the connection process sometimes the ecobee does not connect right away. Common errors are "Password Incorrect" and "Cannot Connect to ecobee.com."
When ecobee says "Password Incorrect" repeat the steps above and re-enter the password. Wi-Fi passwords are usually case sensitive.
When ecobee says "Cannot Connect to ecobee.com" this means the thermostat is likely connected to your router but not the service that allows you to connect to the app and web portal. Security settings on your router may be preventing this connection.
For additional support connecting to Wi-Fi, email email@example.com or call 1-877-932-6233. To help our agents resolve the connection issue, have your network information and the make and model of your router available. The Network Information article explains where to find the network information on the ecobee. When emailing our team for support, include pictures of the "Diagnostics" screens and make and model of your router.