This article applies to all ecobee thermostats except Smart, Smart SI, EMS and EMS SI.
When a router is replaced or the Wi-Fi password is changed, the network connection will need to be updated on your thermostat.
1. From the Home screen on the thermostat, open the MAIN MENU by tapping the three horizontal bars in the bottom left hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Scroll down and select Settings.
3. Select WI-FI to open the Wi-Fi menu.
4. Select Network and one the next screen, choose you method of connection.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, the thermostat can be added as an accessory and you can copy the Wi-Fi information from your iOS device. If you have a difficult Wi-Fi password, using an iOS device is simplifies the Wi-Fi setup.
Note: Your iOS device will need to be connected to a 2.4 GHz network.
Alternatively, Select Wi-Fi Network, to choose you network from the list, enter your Wi-Fi password, then tap Connect.
5. You will be redirected to the Wi-Fi Status screen. The thermostat is connected to your router and to ecobee.com. This may take several seconds.
6. If the thermostat connects, it will say Connection Complete. Tap OK in the bottom right corner to return to the SETTINGS menu, then tap the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to the HOME SCREEN.
If you are unsuccessful in connecting after following the above steps, please refer to our troubleshooting article on Wi-Fi connectivity.