When going through the installation process, the configuration wizard will walk you through the Wi-Fi connection process. If the connection process was skipped, follow the steps below to connect to Wi-Fi.
1. From the Home screen on the thermostat, open the MAIN MENU by tapping the three horizontal bars in the bottom left hand corner of the Home screen.
2. Scroll down and select SETTINGS
3. Select WI-FI to open the Wi-Fi menu
4. Select NETWORK and on the next screen, choose you method of connection
If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, the thermostat can be added as an accessory and copy the Wi-Fi information from your iOS device. If you have a difficult Wi-Fi password, using an iOS device is simplifies the Wi-Fi setup.
Note: Your iOS device will need to be connected to a 2.4 GHz network.
Alternatively, "Select Wi-Fi Network," choose you network from the list, enter your Wi-Fi password, then tap "Connect."
5. You will be redirected to the Wi-Fi Status screen. The thermostat is connected to your router and to ecobee.com. This may take several seconds.
6. If the thermostat connects, it will say "Connection Complete." Tap "OK" in the bottom right corner to return to the "Settings" menu then tap the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to the Home Screen.
If you're still experiencing issue connecting to Wi-Fi after following the above steps, please refer to our troubleshooting article on Wi-Fi connectivity issues.