You can connect to HomeKit either through the ecobee mobile app or through the Home app on your iPhone.
Before proceeding, please ensure:
- Your iPhone is running on iOS 11 or higher
- Both your ecobee and iPhone are connected to the same 2.4G network
- Your ecobee thermostat has a name assigned to it (on the thermostat screen, tap MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > PREFERENCES and tap "Thermostat Name")
- The Wi-Fi signal strength on your ecobee is sufficient (you can check this on the thermostat by going into MAIN MENU > ABOUT > WI-FI)
Home app (iOS 11+)
1) Open the Home app on your iPhone
2) Select “Add Accessory” (if you already have other HomeKit accessories paired, click on the “+” icon in the top right corner to add an accessory)
3) A HomeKit code should generate on your ecobee’s screen, simply scan it with the Home app
4) If the HomeKit code did not generate in the previous step, select “Don’t Have a Code or Can’t Scan?”
5) You will see a list of all available devices currently on your network—select your ecobee from this list
6) A code should generate on the face of your ecobee, simply scan it and your ecobee will pair!
Mobile app (iOS 11+)
1) Open the ecobee app on your iPhone
2) If you’re on your thermostat’s main screen, select the green arrow in the top left corner—this will bring you to an overview screen of all your thermostats
3) In this THERMOSTATS screen, select the silhouette icon in the top left corner
4) From the menu, select MANAGE HOMEKIT
5) Click on the “+” icon in the top right corner
6) Select ADD THERMOSTAT from the drop-down menu
7) Select the home you’d wish to add your ecobee to, then click NEXT
8) Find your ecobee and select ADD
9) A code should generate on your ecobee’s screen, simply scan it through the app
10) Choose which room you’d like to add your ecobee to
11) Give your thermostat a unique name that you can easily remember--you will use this name when controlling your thermostat with Siri
12) Your ecobee is now successfully paired with HomeKit!
If issues persist, please contact our Support team for further assistance.