If your ecobee4 is experiencing difficulty connecting to the Internet, you can follow to steps below to troubleshoot and solve the problem. You can use the same steps if you have installed a new router to input the new wi-fi information to your ecobee.
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Double check to see if other devices are connected to the Wi-Fi (such as a laptop, tablet or mobile phone). If not, try disconnecting the router from its power source and reconnect it.
- If you have recently changed the password to your Wi-Fi network, you will need to re-enter the information on the ecobee as well. To update information, please follow the steps below.
- Go to Menu > Settings > WiFi
- Select Network and then your network name
- Click Next and type in the new password and try connecting
To test your connection to ecobee.com:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi
- Click Network > select your network and click Next
- Click Connect and observe if it connects to ecobee.com
Troubleshooting your ecobee4 and wi-fi connection:
On your ecobee, click Quick Changes menu and look at the upper right corner.
- There are two icons one over the other (a mobile device icon and a Wi-Fi connectivity)
- If the Wi-Fi connectivity icon is (!) and the mobile device icon is not red, please follow the instructions to setup Wi-Fi
- If the mobile device icon is red but Wi-Fi connectivity signal is not red, please follow instructions to connect to ecobee.com
- If both icons are red, please follow instructions to setup Wi-Fi and connect to ecobee.com
If you are unsure about the icons in the Quick Changes Menu, an alternative method to determine connectivity is to tap Menu > About > Wi-Fi. Scroll down the list to find:
- “Connected to Wi-Fi router” and check if it says Yes or No. If it says No, please follow instructions to setup wi-fi
- “Connected to ecobee.com” and check if it says Yes or No. If it says No, please follow instructions to connect to ecobee.com
If none of the above steps work, please call ecobee support.