Start by opening the Alexa App (if you do not have the Alexa app, download it from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store). You can also visit alexa.amazon.com on your laptop or desktop, then follow these steps:
- Log in using your Amazon.com account.
- Select SMART HOME from the menu options.
- Click on GET MORE SMART HOME SKILLS.
- Search for ecobee and select “ecobee plus”.
- Choose ENABLE.
- Provide your ecobee Login Information to link the accounts.
- Select ACCEPT under the Authorize App screen.
- You will be prompted to discover a device, if not, go back to Alexa app, and select discover devices.
- Start talking!
You can now control and adjust your ecobee4 with your voice. Start any Alexa command by saying “Alexa” and try one of these ecobee Smart Home commands:
“Alexa, set [thermostat name] to 72 degrees.”
“Alexa, decrease [thermostat name] temperature.”
For a list of voice commands that you can use to control your thermostat’s temperature click here