1. Choose a suitable location to mount the Equipment Interface as determined from Planning the Install section.
2. Remove the front cover of the Equipment Interface. If necessary, insert a flat-head screwdriver into one of the slots as shown below, and gently twist the screwdriver.
3. Place the back of the enclosure on the intended mounting surface and use it as a template to mark the location of the mounting holes as shown below.
4. Move the back of the enclosure out of the way and make the holes where indicated in step 3. The mounting holes can accommodate a #6 pan-head screw.
5. Use drywall plugs or other screw anchors (not included) to ensure the Equipment Interface can be mounted securely.
6. Fasten the backplate to the wall using the appropriate screws (not included).
Wiring the Equipment Interface
To wire the Equipment Interface:
1. Disconnect the power to the HVAC equipment
2. Disconnect the wires going to the existing Thermostat.
3. Refer to the wiring diagrams section, connect the HVAC equipment to the Equipment Interface.
4. Do not apply power until you have installed and connected the Thermostat.
5. Do not install the front cover on the Equipment Interface at this point.