Yes! While the ecobee4 is the only smart thermostat that comes with built-in Alexa, all ecobee devices other than the Smart, Smart SI, EMS and EMS SI thermostats are compatible with Amazon Echo and Dot devices.
To connect your ecobee device to your Amazon Echo, follow these steps:
- Log in using your Alexa app account.
- Select Smart Home from the menu options.
- Select on Get More Smart Home Skills.
- Search for ecobee.
- Select Enable.
- Provide your ecobee login information to link your ecobee and Amazon accounts.
- Select Accept under the Authorize App screen.
- You are now successfully linked!
- Come back to Alexa app, and select Discover Devices to discover your thermostat.