Yes! While the ecobee4 is the only smart thermostat that comes with built-in Alexa, the ecobee3 and ecobee3 lite are also compatible with Amazon Echo and Dot devices.
To connect your ecobee3 or ecobee3 lite to your Amazon Echo, follow these steps:
- Log in using your Alexa app account
- Select "Smart Home" from the menu options
- Click on "Get More Smart Home Skills"
- Search for "ecobee"
- Select "Enable"
- Provide your ecobee login information to link your ecobee and Amazon accounts
- Select "Accept" under the "Authorize App" screen
- You are now successfully linked!
- Come back to Alexa app, and select "Discover Devices" to discover your thermostat