The ecobee is Homekit compatible.
To set up and pair your ecobee with HomeKit, just open up your ecobee mobile app (Get app here) and follow the instructions below:
- Tap on the green Menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Add HomeKit-enabled ecobee3.
- Tap on Add Home if you don’t have your Home set up.
- Enter the name of your Home and tap Done.
- Tap on Add. Your HomeKit code should appear on your thermostat. (*If you have more than one ecobee, tap Say Hi to make sure you’re connecting to the right one.)
- Point your iPhone camera at the thermostat. You will see Paired with HomeKit on your thermostat.
- A default room will be created (you can change this later). Click Next.
- Success! You’ll see the 5 default commands you can start using! Click Done.