We can help you out. First, check your Wi-Fi system and ensure that you have the following:
Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) and Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)
There's lots of ways to improve your connection, but these are the top 5 reasons you might be experiencing issues:
- Distance: The greater the distance between devices, the worse the signal. Try moving your router closer to your ecobee Switch+.
- Obstructions: Sometimes the Wi-Fi signal gets reflected, refracted or absorbed by common objects in your home, including cabinets, mirrors or glass, metal objects, even thick walls. See if you can clear the obstruction, or simply move your router closer to your Switch+.
- Wireless Interferences: In some cases, your signal could be interfered by neighbouring wireless networks, microwave ovens, Bluetooth® devices or baby monitors. To solve this, change the channel and SSID on your router. Try channels 1, 6, 9 or 11 (they're non-overlapping channels).
- Outdated firmware on your router: When was the last time you upgraded your router's firmware? Or your router? Try upgrading the firmware of your router, and see if it improves your signal.
- Power interruptions: If you're unable to find a wireless signal after a power outage, you may need to powercycle your router. To do this, unplug your router, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in again. If this doesn't solve the problem, you may need to reset your router and wait for it to boot up again.
If you're still experiencing problems, please contact ecobee support:
1.877.932.6233 (Toll free)
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org