This article applies to all ecobee thermostats except Smart, Smart SI, EMS and EMS SI.
Once your HomeKit-enabled ecobee thermostat is paired with HomeKit, you can control your thermostat through the Home app or Siri on your iOS device. To pair your ecobee with HomeKit, see How do I connect my ecobee thermostat to Apple HomeKit?
If your ecobee is paired with HomeKit but isn't responding when you issue a command through the Home app, there are a few things to consider:
Make sure your ecobee and your iPhone are both connected to the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
- To check the status of your ecobee’s Wi-Fi connection, go to MAIN MENU > ABOUT > WI-FI on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your ecobee is connected to your router and ecobee's servers, and that the signal strength is at least 75%. If it isn’t, please refer to our Wi-Fi troubleshooting article.
If you have other HomeKit accessories paired, see if those accessories are responding to commands through the Home app.
If none of your HomeKit-enabled accessories are responding, there may an issue on your network that requires further investigating.
If it’s only the ecobee that isn’t responding, please follow the steps below:
- On the thermostat, go to MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > RESET > DISCONNECT FROM HOMEKIT.
- Reboot the ecobee by gently removing your thermostat from its backplate and the wall and leaving it off for about two minutes.
- Place the ecobee back on the wall after two minutes and wait for it to reconnect to Wi-Fi.
- Re-pair your ecobee either through the Home app or the ecobee app.
- Try adjusting the temperature on your ecobee through the Home app to see if it responds.
If your ecobee is still unresponsive after deleting and re-pairing with HomeKit, please reach out to our Support team at 1-877-932-6233 for further assistance. Agents are available from 8:00AM-12:00AM EST Monday through Friday and from 9:00AM-9:00PM Saturday through Sunday.