The ecobee3, ecobee3 lite and ecobee4 are all HomeKit compatible; once your ecobee is paired with HomeKit, you can control your thermostat through the Home app or Siri on your iOS device. To pair your ecobee with HomeKit, refer to this article.
If your ecobee is not responding when you issue a command through the Home app, there are a few things to consider:
Make sure your ecobee and your iPhone are both connected to the same 2.4G Wi-Fi network!
To check the status of your ecobee’s Wi-Fi connection, go to MAIN MENU > ABOUT > WI-FI
You’ll want to make sure your ecobee is connected to your router, the ecobee.com servers, and the signal strength is at least 70%. If it isn’t, please refer to our Wi-Fi troubleshooting article.
If you have other HomeKit accessories paired, see if those accessories are responding to commands through the Home app.
If none of your HomeKit-enabled accessories are responding, there may an issue on your network that requires further investigating.
If it’s only the ecobee that isn’t responding, please follow the steps below:
- On the thermostat, go to MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > RESET > DISCONNECT FROM HOMEKIT
- Reboot the ecobee by gently removing the face plate from the wall and leaving it off for about two minutes
- Place the ecobee back on the wall after two minutes and wait for it to reconnect to Wi-Fi
- Re-pair your ecobee either through the Home app or the ecobee mobile app
- Try adjusting the temperature on your ecobee through the Home app to see if it responds
If your ecobee is still unresponsive after deleting and re-pairing with HomeKit, please contact our Support team for further assistance.