How do I connect my Switch+ to IFTTT?
If you do not have an IFTTT account, create one at ifttt.com. After you’ve done so and have logged in, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the ecobee channel.
- Enter your ecobee credentials, then click Login.
- You will be asked to authorize the ecobee IFTTT app. Do so by clicking Accept.
- Download the IFTTT app on your phone. It’s useful for diagnostics, so please don’t skip this step!
Congrats! You’ve officially connected your ecobee to your IFTTT account.
What IFTTT recipes can I create?
You can add your ecobee Switch+ into any recipe that you can think of. Currently, the Switch+ can turn on and off.
For an extensive list browse the ecobee channel in your Activated Channels.
What are some IFTTT recipes I can use with my Switch+?
With IFTTT, you can automate one or more ecobee Switch+ units to respond to your location, the time, and other Switch+ units in your home. Here are a few you can try:
To stay up to date on any new applets, be sure to enable the applet that sends you an email whenever we publish new ones.
Why is my Switch+ not performing any IFTTT actions?
You will want to make sure that your recipe is Enabled. If it is grey such as in the picture below, it is Disabled.
- Try the Check recipe now button and see if the recipe runs.
- Check your Recipe log for errors.
If you're still experiencing problems, please contact ecobee Support.