All ecobee devices except the Smart, Smart SI, EMS, and EMS SI thermostats are compatible with IFTTT (If This Then That).
Does my ecobee work with IFTTT?
Yes! Follow these steps to connect your ecobee account to IFTTT:
How do I connect my ecobee to my IFTTT account?
If you do not have an IFTTT account, create one at ifttt.com. After you’ve done so and have logged in, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the ecobee channel.
- Enter your ecobee credentials, then select Accept to finish the linking process.
Congratulations! You’ve officially connected your ecobee to your IFTTT account!
- To use an IFTTT applet with your ecobee, just select your desired applet and select "Turn On" for it to run.
What IFTTT recipes can I create?
Below are some examples of recipes you can create on IFTTT for your ecobee.
- Send an email when the temperature crosses a threshold.
- Use the iOS or Android location channel to create a geo-fence.
- When there is a vacation set on your Google calendar, set the thermostat to be in vacation mode for a certain number of days.
For an extensive list browse the ecobee channel in your Activated Channels.
Can I add my own IFTTT triggers and actions?
Each channel has its own triggers and actions. Users cannot add their own.
Let ecobee know! We would love to hear feedback from our IFTTT integration users on additional features they would like to see.
Why is my ecobee not performing any IFTTT actions?1. Ensure that the ecobee IFTTT app has been authorized. Log into your IFTTT.com account, and make sure the correct ecobee email is linked on your account.
2. Ensure that the recipe is Enabled.
3. Review the recipe log.
4. Ensure that the trigger event is firing.
Why is my IFTTT recipe not working?
1. Make sure that your recipe is Enabled. If it is grey such as in the picture below, it is Disabled.
2. Try the Check recipe now button and see if the recipe runs.
3. Check your Recipe log for errors.
4. Call ecobee support with any errors that you are unable to resolve at 1-877-932-6233