Monthly Energy Reports are available 7-15 days after the end of the previous calendar month (October's reports will be generated by November 15, November's will be generated by December 15, etc.). If your reports haven't generated 15 days into the month, there are a few things to consider:
- Thermostats must be registered and online for a full calendar month, so if you registered your thermostat after 12:00 AM EST on the first day of the month, your report will not generate. For example, if your ecobee is registered on January 1st at 10:00 AM EST, you will not receive a Monthly Energy Report for the month of January—your thermostat would have had to have been registered by December 31, 11:59 PM EST for reports to generate for January. The first Home IQ report you'll receive is for the month of February
- If your thermostat was disconnected from Wi-Fi for an extended period of time, there may not be enough data recorded to render a report. Please ensure your ecobee has a stable Wi-Fi connection. More information here on Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
- In order for reports to generate, your ecobee needs to run your equipment (heating or cooling) for a specific amount of time—at least 5 hours spread out over 5 days of the month. If this minimum isn't met, for example during shoulder seasons, our algorithm won't have enough run time data to generate a report.
- On certain months, your data may be inaccurate. Monthly Energy Reports are automatically generated by our efficiency system (through geographic comparison, collected weather data, run time etc.) and this system also has the logic to detect inaccurate data. For example, on a certain day the data may report that the outdoor temperature is colder but the heat is not running; on other days with a similar outdoor temperature however, the heat is running. This inconsistency is regarded as inaccurate data for the month and our system will not generate a report.
- Ensure your thermostat is placed in a "Home" via the ecobee app by opening the app, tapping ACCOUNT, tapping "Homes", and tapping "Manage Homes". Adding a thermostat to a Home will save an address to it for community comparison purposes. Reports are partially based on geographic comparison, so they will not populate without the necessary information filled in. For more information on adding an ecobee to a Home, click here
- Ensure that "Property Characteristics" are filled in through the Web Portal under the SETTINGS menu
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding Monthly Energy Reports please reach out to our Support team at 1-877-932-6233 for further assistance. Agents are available from 8:00AM-11:30AM EST Monday through Friday and from 9:00AM-9:00PM Saturday through Sunday.