A valid email address needs to meet the following requirements:
- The email needs to follow a valid format - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email needs to be unique, and not already associated with an existing ecobee account.
A valid password needs to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters. We recommend at least one is a special character.
- No inclusion of your name, or email address
- No common words (e.g. “password” is not an invalid account password). To see a list of the most common passwords that are invalid, please click here.
- No repetition of the previous five passwords
If you receive an invalid ecobee account password or email message, please check to confirm the above requirements are met.