You can connect to Google Assistant either through the Google Home app (if you own a Google Home speaker) or the Google Assistant app (if you do not own a Google Home Speaker)
NOTE: Before you begin the pairing process:
- Ensure you are the Owner of the ecobee Home your ecobee devices are located in. For more information on this, please see this article on ecobee Family Accounts
- Ensure all of your ecobee devices have names assigned to them or the pairing process will fail
- To assign a name to an ecobee thermostat, access the thermostat screen and go to MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > PREFERENCES and then tap "Thermostat Name"
- To assign a name to a Switch+, open the ecobee app, select your Switch+ from the My Devices list, tap the Main Menu icon in the bottom left, then tap "Device Info" and then "Device Name"
Once you have ensured your ecobee devices have all been named and that you are indeed linking to the Owner of the ecobee Home's account, follow the steps below.
If you have a Google Home speaker:
1) Open the "Google Home" app
2) Tap the "Add" icon
3) Tap “Set Up Device”
4) Tap “Works With Google” to bring up the Manage Accounts menu
5) Tap the magnifying glass icon and type in “ecobee"
6) Tap the “ecobee” icon
7) Login with your ecobee credentials when prompted to link your Google account with your ecobee account
If you do not have a Google Home speaker and wish to use Google Assistant:
1) Open the Google Assistant app
2) Tap the "Explore" icon
3) Tap the magnifying glass icon and type in “ecobee"
4) Tap the "ecobee" icon
5) Tap "Set Up"
6) Login with your ecobee credentials when prompted to link your Google account with your ecobee account
Once the pairing process is complete, Google Assistant will integrate with all of your connected ecobee4, ecobee3 Lite, or ecobee3 thermostats, as well as ecobee Switches and ecobee room sensors.
Click here for a list of all the available Phrases and Commands to use with the Google Assistant.