Go ahead and open up your ecobee mobile app.
- Tap the green Menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Add ecobee.
- Tap on Add Home if you don’t have your Home set up.
- Enter the name of your Home, and tap Done.
- Tap on Add. Your HomeKit code should appear on your thermostat.
- Open up your iPhone camera and point it at the thermostat for the 8-digit accessory setup code. You should see Paired With HomeKit.
- A default room will be created. Don’t worry—you can change the name later. Click next to add your ecobee to HomeKit.
- Success! You should see the 5 default commands.
Connecting your Switch+ with Apple HomeKit is quick and easy. Start talking to Siri by following these simple steps:
- Open Apple’s Home App
- Select the + icon in the upper right corner
- Select “Add Accessory”
- Scan the HomeKit Setup Code located on the back of the Switch+ install manual
- Select the name of the device “ecobee Switch+”
- Select options for each sensor (including name and room)
- Select “Next”
- Repeat for each sensor (occupancy, temperature, ambient light, switch)
- Select “Done”
If you've never set-up Homekit before or are having issues setting up the thermostat with Homekit please refer and pair the thermostat using the iOS Home app as directed in this Apple Support article.