This article applies to the ecobee3, ecobee3 lite, and ecobee4
To register your ecobee thermostat, you’ll need to obtain the 4-digit registration code from your ecobee thermostat’s screen.
Obtaining the Registration Code:
This code is obtained by doing the following on your ecobee thermostat’s screen:
1) Tap the three horizontal bars on the bottom left corner of the ecobee screen to open the MAIN MENU
2) Tap REGISTRATION. If it says “2 Steps Left” under registration, you’ll be taken to the Wi-Fi configuration screen first to connect the ecobee to your home network so that the code can be generated
After completing these steps, the code will then be displayed on the thermostat’s screen. Write this code down.
NOTE: Registration codes are valid for about one hour before they expire.
If your code expires, simply follow the above procedure again to re-generate the code.
Once you have this code, register your ecobee via one of the following methods:
Registering your ecobee thermostat through the ecobee app:
1) Open the ecobee app and tap REGISTER YOUR DEVICE
2) Tap "ecobee thermostat"
3) Enter the registration code and then tap NEXT in the bottom right corner of the screen
4) Proceed through the rest of registration by filling in the required fields
Once you’re finished, return to your thermostat and tap OK at the bottom right corner to complete registration.
Registering your ecobee thermostat through the Web Portal
1) Visit https://www.ecobee.com/register in your web browser and click on the model of ecobee you wish to register (3, 3 Lite, or 4)
2) Enter the 4-digit registration code in the field provided and then click NEXT
3) Proceed through the rest of registration by filling in the required fields
Once you’re finished, return to your thermostat and tap OK at the bottom right corner to complete registration
Registering your ecobee will create an ecobee account, using your specified email address and password as the username and password. These credentials are used to login to the ecobee app or the ecobee Web Portal at https://www.ecobee.com.
NOTE: A thermostat can only be registered to one ecobee account. If you’d like to have access to your thermostat from multiple devices, you can use the app from more than one device by logging into the ecobee app on the secondary device with the same username and password.