Note: If you are looking for information on setting up control of your ecobee 3 or ecobee3 lite from your echo device, see the article on enabling the ecobee plus skill on your ecobee3 or ecobee3 lite.
To enable Alexa on ecobee thermostats with built-in Alexa, link your Amazon account to your ecobee account through the ecobee app or through the Web Portal. (Enter the Web Portal by selecting Login on the top-right corner of ecobee.com.)
Before proceeding, ensure you have the following:
- An ecobee thermostat with built-in Alexa that's registered and connected to Wi-Fi. Haven't registered? See our article on registering your ecobee thermostat.
- An Amazon account. If you don't have an Amazon account, you can create one for free on Amazon's website.
- The ecobee app, or access to ecobee.com through your web browser.
Using the ecobee app to enable Alexa on your ecobee thermostat:
- Sign in to the app using your registered ecobee username and password.
- Select your thermostat, and tap the Microphone icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Sign in with Amazon.
- Sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
Using the Web Portal to enable Alexa on your ecobee thermostat:
- Log in to the Web Portal via ecobee.com with your registered username and password.
- Click the tile that says Alexa Voice Control: Unlinked.
- Click Next.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Amazon account to allow permission to link your Amazon and ecobee accounts.
- Click Done.
Success! Your ecobee is now linked to Alexa! Your ecobee thermostat with built-in Alexa is now connected to Alexa with both the ecobee skill and ecobee plus skill enabled.
NOTE: As a final step, you'll need to "Discover Devices" for Alexa to recognize your ecobee thermostat. To discover devices, say "Alexa, discover devices" to your ecobee thermostat's speaker. If you're not near your thermostat at the time, you can always complete this step later.
For a complete list of ecobee skill and ecobee plus skill commands, go to the following article, "What Alexa voice commands can I use with my ecobee devices?" and scroll down to the respective sections.