Enabling Alexa on your ecobee4 involves linking your Amazon account to your ecobee account either through the ecobee app or through Login portal on the top ecobee.com Web Portal.
Before proceeding, ensure you have the following:
- An ecobee4 that's registered and connected to Wi-Fi. Haven't registered? See our article on registering your ecobee4.
- An Amazon account. If you don't have an Amazon account, you can create one for free on Amazon's website.
- The ecobee app, or access to ecobee.com through your web browser.
Using the ecobee app to enable Alexa on your ecobee thermostat:
- Sign in to the app using your registered ecobee username and password.
- Select your thermostat, and tap the Microphone icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Sign in with Amazon.
- Sign in using your Amazon account credentials.
Using the Web Portal to enable Alexa on your ecobee thermostat:
- Log in to the web portal via ecobee.com with your registered username and password.
- Click the tile that says Alexa Voice Control: Unlinked.
- Click Next.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Amazon account to allow permission to link your Amazon and ecobee accounts.
- Click Done.
Success! Your ecobee is now linked to Alexa! Your ecobee4 is now connected to Alexa with the ecobee skill and ecobee plus skill enabled.
NOTE: You'll need to "Discover Devices" for Alexa to recognize your ecobee4. To discover devices, say "Alexa, discover devices" to your ecobee4's speaker. If you are not near your thermostat at the time, you can always complete this step later.
For a list of “ecobee” skill commands, please refer to this article: "ecobee" commands with Alexa.
For a list of “ecobee plus" skill commands, please refer to this article: "ecobee plus" commands with Alexa.