If you have an ecobee3 Lite and would like to utilize Alexa functionality, you can do so by enabling the "ecobee" skill via the Alexa app. Once the skill is enabled, you'll be able to use ecobee skill commands on your Alexa device in order to control your ecobee.
Before You Begin:
- Ensure you have an Amazon.com or Amazon.ca account and a device in which to communicate with Alexa, such as an Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, or the Alexa app
- Ensure you are the Owner of your ecobee Home. If you are a Member of your ecobee Home, the Alexa device discovery process will not complete successfully
- Download the Alexa app on your mobile device
How to enable the ecobee skill
- Open the Alexa app and tap the top left Menu icon
- Tap Skills & Games
- Tap the magnifying glass icon and type in “ecobee” to search for the ecobee skill
- Tap ecobee from the list of skills
- Tap Enable to enable the skill
Once the skill is enabled, say "Alexa, discover devices". This will scan your ecobee account for any supported devices (thermostats, sensors, etc) and add them to the list of controllable smart home devices on your Alexa account.
You may also want to enable the "ecobee plus" skill for additional commands. In order to do so, follow the same sequence listed above, but search for and enable the ecobee plus skill instead.
For a list of voice commands that you can use to control your thermostat’s temperature click here