Creating HomeKit Scenes
Scenes allow you to adjust your thermostat (as well as other HomeKit accessories) with a single command. For example, if you tell Siri “I’m leaving,” your ecobee will switch to your Away comfort setting.
There are five default scenes with your ecobee:
- “Good morning” sets your ecobee to its Home comfort setting
- “Good night” sets your ecobee to its Sleep comfort setting
- “I’m home” sets your ecobee to its Home comfort setting
- “I’m leaving” sets your ecobee toits Away comfort settings
- “Resume schedule” resumes the programmed schedule if your ecobee was placed on hold or was in vacation mode
You can create custom HomeKit Scenes in addition to your default Scenes either through the ecobee mobile app or through the Home app.
ecobee mobile app:
1) In the ecobee mobile app, open the menu from the top left corner (either the green "back" arrow if you're on the main screen of your thermostat or the silhouette icon if you're in My Devices screen)
2) Select "Manage HomeKit" from the menu
3) You should see the option for "Scenes"—select it
4) You should see all of your current Scenes. To create a new Scene, select the green "+" icon in the top right corner
5) Create your custom Scene and define the settings for your ecobee
Visit this this article for futher assistance with creating custom Scenes in the ecobee app.
1) In the Home app, select the “+” button in the top right corner
2) Select “Add Scene”
3) Choose a name for your scene and select your ecobee under accessories
4) Press and hold your ecobee displayed under accessories to adjust the settings for this scene
5) Select “Done” once you’ve selected and programmed all your accessories for this scene
6) By selecting “Test This Scene,” you can see how this scene will behave and make any adjustments if needed
How to Configure Geofencing for HomeKit