You can unregister a thermostat through the Web Portal or on the thermostat screen itself.
How to unregister a thermostat from the Web Portal:
- Login to ecobee.com to access the Web Portal
- Click the icon in the top right corner
- Click MY ACCOUNT
- Click UNREGISTER THERMOSTAT
If you have more than one thermostat registered to your account, you’ll need to check the checkbox or checkboxes for the thermostats you wish to unregister and then click the UNREGISTER button in the bottom right. Otherwise, you’ll be asked to confirm.
How to unregister a thermostat from the thermostat screen:
- On the thermostat, go to MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > RESET
- Tap RESET REGISTRATION
- Tap YES in the bottom right to confirm
Please note that unregistering your ecobee does not de-associate your thermostat with your Apple HomeKit account (on your iOS device or iCloud). If you need to remove your ecobee from HomeKit, please refer to this article: