Ensure your Switch+ is registered and linked to Amazon Alexa Voice Service
First, verify your Switch+ is registered to your ecobee account and that Alexa Voice Service has been enabled on your Switch+. Open the ecobee app you should see your Switch+ listed by name under the "My Devices" screen. Tap it and look at the microphone icon in the bottom right.
- If your Switch+ does not show up under the list of My Devices, ask Alexa to discover your device by saying "Discover my devices," or select Add Device in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app
- If Alexa does not discover your Switch+ it may not be registered or is registered to a different ecobee account. Please see refer to our support article on registering your Switch+ for instructions
- If the icon in the bottom right looks like this, it means Alexa is not currently enabled on your Switch. Please see our support article on enabling Alexa on you Switch+ for instructions
Reboot the Switch+
If Alexa is still not responding to the "Alexa" wake word (the light bar does not turn blue when you say "Alexa"), it may be necessary to reboot the Switch+ by doing the following:
1) Hold the main ON/OFF button for 5 seconds to access the Configuration Menu, then release the button
2) Wait for the voice to say "reset device"
3) Press the main button
After the Switch+ has rebooted (the process will take a couple minutes), attempt to speak to Alexa again.
- If Alexa still does not respond, it may be necessary to factory reset your device. Please note that this will unregister your Switch+ thermostat and will unlink it from Alexa. Please refer to our support article on factory resetting your Switch+ for instructions
Alexa is saying "I couldn't find <Switch+ name>"
- Ensure that you are using the proper name for your Switch+. On the ecobee app, bring up the list of Switch+ devices via the "My Devices" menu and verify you are saying the name correctly
- Ensure that Alexa has discovered your Switch+ and that the name of your Switch+ on your ecobee account matches the name of the Switch+ in your Alexa account. Open the Alexa app, open the Main Menu, and tap Smart Home to see a list of all Smart Home devices currently linked to Alexa
A Switch+ will be indicated by a symbol.
If the Switch+ is not discovered or the name does not match the name assigned to your Switch+ in your ecobee account, tap "Add Device" to discover devices again.
- Ensure your Switch+ has a name that is easy to pronounce and understand. Avoid using any special characters (hyphens, ! or ?, @,$), numbers in place of letters or vice versa (i.e: “Sw1tch” in place of “Switch”), and try to keep the name to a reasonable length. Please refer to our support article if you need assistance renaming your Switch+
- Ensure the ecobee skill is linked to your account. Please refer to our support article if you need assistance enabling the ecobee skill
Alexa is saying "It doesn't look like your device supports that yet"
- Ensure you have enabled the ecobee skill on your Alexa account. Please refer to our support article if you need assistance enabling the ecobee skill
- Ensure your Switch+ has a unique name. If your Switch+ has the same name as another device in your Alexa account, Alexa may be mistaking the Switch+ for something else. You may need to rename your Switch+ and rediscover devices in your Alexa account
- Ensure you are issuing the command correctly. The correct command syntax is "Alexa, turn <Switch+ name> on" or "Alexa, turn <Switch+ name> off"
Other things to consider:
- Ensure you are saying "Alexa" to the Switch+. The Switch+ does not currently support custom wake words and will only respond to "Alexa"
- If there is a lot of noise in the room, press and hold the Action button on the top right corner of the Switch+ and then say "Alexa" and then your command
- If the light bar on the Switch+ is red, that means Alexa is in privacy mode and is not currently listening. Press the Mute button on the top left part of the Switch+ to unmute