Pairing your SmartThermostat with voice control with a Bluetooth-enabled speaker is relatively easy. Once you've done so, you'll be able to stream your favourite songs and podcasts in rich sound and control play with your voice.
Before you begin:
- Before pairing your ecobee thermostat to a Bluetooth speaker, confirm that it's linked to the Alexa Voice Service.
How to tell if it's linked:
- When it's linked the Voice icon on your SmartThermostat will not have a slash through it (i.e.).
- If it hasn't been linked yet, press the Voice icon (i.e. ) on the ecobee app and follow the prompts.
- When it's linked, add the ecobee plus skill via the Alexa app to take full advantage of your ecobee's voice control capabilities.
- If applicable, disconnect other Bluetooth devices from your ecobee thermostat; it can only pair with one Bluetooth device at a time.
- Set your SmartThermostat with voice control and Bluetooth speaker at least three feet (one metre) apart.
Pairing your Bluetooth speaker:
Open up your Amazon Alexa app and select the icon in the bottom right corner named "Devices."
Once your ecobee thermostat is paired with the Bluetooth device, you'll be able to see the name of the connected speaker by pressing the Voice icon () on your ecobee's display.
In the below example the Bluetooth device is shown as Sonos One.
Unpairing your Bluetooth speaker:
Just say, "Alexa, disconnect" to your SmartThermostat with voice control to unpair a Bluetooth speaker.