Pairing your SmartThermostat with voice control with a Bluetooth-enabled speaker is relatively easy. One you've done so, you'll be able to stream your favourite songs and podcasts in rich sound and control play with your voice.
Before you begin:
- Before pairing your ecobee thermostat to a Bluetooth speaker, confirm that it's linked to the Alexa Voice Service.
How to tell if it's linked:
- When it's linked the Voice icon on your smart thermostat will not have a slash through it (i.e.).
- If it hasn't been linked yet, press the Voice icon (i.e. ) on the ecobee app and follow the prompts.
- When it's linked, add the ecobee plus skill via the Alexa app to take full advantage of your ecobee's voice control capabilities.
- If applicable, disconnect other Bluetooth devices from your ecobee thermostat; it can only pair with one Bluetooth device at a time.
- Set your SmartThermostat with voice control and Bluetooth speaker at least three feet (one metre) apart.
Pairing your Bluetooth speaker:
- Activate pairing mode on your Bluetooth speaker (this may mean pressing and holding a button until a light flickers and pairing mode is activated).
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app, select the Devices icon (
- Pair a New Device.
- When a list of available devices appears, select your Bluetooth speaker and follow the onscreen instructions.
Once your ecobee thermostat is paired with the Bluetooth device, you'll be able to see the name of the connected speaker by pressing the Voice icon () on your ecobee's display.
In the below example the Bluetooth device is shown as Sonos One.
Unpairing your Bluetooth speaker:
Just say, "Alexa, disconnect" to your SmartThermostat with voice control to unpair a Bluetooth speaker.