Play your favourite Spotify tunes on your ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control and control playback in one of two ways.
- Control what's playing with the Spotify app.
- Control playback with Alexa voice commands.
Controlling Spotify with the Spotify app
First, ensure that the device with the Spotify app and your ecobee are on the same Wi-Fi network. Then follow the steps below:
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Play any song you'd like, then tap the speaker icon () just below the pause button.
- Select your SmartThermostat with voice control from the list of available devices.
Controlling Spotify with your voice
To enjoy hands-free control of Spotify through your SmartThermostat with voice control first confirm that your ecobee is linked to Amazon Alexa, then follow the steps below:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app.
- Tap the Hamburger menu () in the top-left corner, then select Settings.
- Under Alexa Preferences, select Music.
- Under Music Services, select Link account on Spotify.com.
Now you can use your voice to control Spotify on your ecobee. Ask Alexa to play your favorite songs, artists, and playlists. Give it a try, say "Alexa, play Spotify."
Some basic Spotify commands to try
"Alexa, play [Song name] from Spotify."
"Alexa, play songs by [Artist name] from Spotify."
"Alexa, play [Genre] from Spotify."
"Alexa, play the next song."
"Alexa, what's playing?"
Additionally, when playing Spotify, you can say, "Alexa, Pause" or "Alexa, Play" to control your tunes.
Did you know? You can enjoy hands-free control of your favorite tunes and podcasts on your Bluetooth-enabled speaker/stereo by pairing it to your SmartThermostat with voice control. Learn more.