In order to use Alexa with ecobee Haven, you’ll need to ensure the ecobee skill is enabled on your Amazon Alexa account.
How to set up the ecobee skill
If you have linked an ecobee thermostat, ecobee Switch+, or ecobee SmartCamera with voice control to Amazon Alexa, the ecobee skill should already be enabled.
Otherwise, you can enable the ecobee skill via the Alexa app by following these instructions:
- Open the Alexa app and tap the top left Menu icon
- Tap Skills & Games
- Tap the magnifying glass icon and type in “ecobee” to search for the ecobee skill
- Tap ecobee from the list of skills
- Tap Enable to enable the skill
NOTE: If the skill is already enabled, you will see a Disable Skill button instead.
Once you have verified the ecobee skill is installed and linked to your account, you can go to the Alexa app on your phone and have access to the ecobee Haven skill set.
Arming/Disarming your Home with Amazon Alexa
Once the ecobee skill is active on your Amazon Alexa account, you’ll have access to voice commands for ecobee Haven.
Try say the following:
- “Alexa, arm <HOME NAME> in Stay mode”
- “Alexa, arm <HOME NAME> in Away mode”
- “Alexa, disarm <HOME NAME>”
How to Disarm-by-voice with Amazon Alexa
In order to disarm your home with Alexa, you will first need to enable the functionality in the Alexa app.
- Open your Alexa app and navigate to the Devices tab
- Tap the All Devices Card and look for your "[HOME NAME]" Device (its icon should look like a shield)
- Once you tapped on it, enable Disarm-by-voice
The app will then prompt you to create a 4-digit authentication code that will allow you to disarm your home through Alexa.
Anyone who knows the passcode will be able to disarm the home through Alexa. Remember to use your home’s name you have in your ecobee app when asking Alexa to arm or disarm the home.