My SmartSensor is not pairing!
Please remove the battery from the SmartSensor for doors and window for 60 seconds before replacing the battery and trying to pair again.
Do not mount the sensor before pairing is successful.
My SmartSensor is missing a QR code and I can't scan it!
Remove the battery compartment from the SmartSensor for doors and windows. There is a sticker inside the battery compartment on the main product body which has a backup QR code and sensor ID.
Changing the battery
If the SmartSensor for doors and windows is mounted, pull the front cover of the main device body away from the mounting surface to reveal the battery. Replace the battery and re-attach the front cover.
If the SmartSensor for doors and windows is not mounted, pull the front body and rear battery compartment apart from the top of the device. Replace the battery and snap the front and back components back together.
My SmartSensor is showing the wrong Open/Close state in the app!
If your SmartSensor is showing the wrong state, such as showing Open when it should say Closed:
- Please verify the green LED light on the sensor above the "ecobee" text blinks when the door is opened or closed
If the LED is NOT blinking:
- Move the magnet closer to the sensor
- If bringing the sensor and the magnet closer causes the LED to blink, permanently re-position the sensor closer to the magnet
- If bringing the sensor and the magnet closer does not cause the LED to blink, then try changing the battery
If the LED IS blinking every time the door or window is closed:
- Please verify that your Hub (camera/thermostat) is online
- If your Hub is online AND the green LED is blinking on the SmartSensor every time the door/window is opened/closed, the sensor may be too far from the hub